City of Ottawa
Pursuant to By-law No. 2011–122, the City of Ottawa is providing notice to the public of its intention to approve road modifications at the following locations in Old Ottawa East, in accordance with the authority under By-law No. 2011-28:
Greenfield Ave. between Main St. and Lees Ave./King Edward Ave.
- Cycle tracks on both sides of Greenfield Ave. between Main St. and Lees Ave./King Edward Ave.
- A reduction in the number of on-street parking spaces on Greenfield Ave. between Main and Concord Sts. to accommodate the proposed cycle tracks
- Removal of the existing median on the east leg of the Greenfield Ave. and Concord St. intersection
Colonel By Drive from Graham Ave. to Hawthorne Ave.
- A multi-use pathway on the east side of Colonel By Dr. between Hawthorne Ave. and Graham Ave.
Main St. from Harvey St. to Colonel By Dr.
- A multi-use pathway on the west side of Main St. between Greenfield Ave. and Colonel By Dr.
- Cycle tracks on both sides of Main St. between Greenfield Ave. and Harvey St. and on the east side of Main St. between Greenfield Ave. and Echo Dr.
- A potential pedestrian crossover on the west leg of the Main St. and Colonel By Dr. intersection, subject to funding availability and National Capital Commission approval
- Minor narrowing of portions of these roadways to accommodate the proposed cycling facilities
Full reconstruction of these roadways is warranted based on the requirement to replace aging sewer and watermain infrastructure. As part of the sewer work, existing combined sewers will be separated. The preliminary and detailed design process will begin this year with the construction year to be determined. Additional public consultation showing the proposed implementation details will be undertaken by the Infrastructure Services, Design and Construction Branch.