Saturday, June 17, 10 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Main Street from Hazel to Clegg
The Main Event is moving back onto Main Street for a combined Main Event & Main Street Re-Opening Celebration. Main Street will be closed from Clegg to Hazel for Old Ottawa East's biggest & best ever block party — you do not want to miss this one!!
Event is rain or shine but may be scaled back in the event of poor weather. To find out if weather changes are in effect, go to www.OttawaEastCAG.ca after 8 a.m. on the day of the event.
10:00 a.m. Stan Clark Orchestra
11:00 a.m. Official Re-Opening of Main Street with speeches from our elected officials, ribbon cutting and CAKE!
11:15 a.m. Stan Clark Orchestra
1:00 p.m. Ralph Mercredi Quintet
- FREE wagon rides from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Kids can give a bird a home with FREE birdhouse painting at the eQ Homes tent.
- Bouncy Castle & Obstacle Course
- FREE Balloons from our friendly Balloon Twisting Clown from 11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m.
- Drop by the BMO tent for FREE face painting and prizes!
- Sula Wok & Merry Dairy Food Trucks
- Rainbow Kidschool will be on hand with fun kids activities and cool give-aways
- Lets Talk Science and the Science Lady from 10:00 a.m. - noon
- The Community Association "Political" BBQ
- Sandy Hill Community Health Centre
- Saint Paul University
- Police and Fire Service vehicles around 1:00 p.m.
- City of Ottawa Public Art Program with Main2 artist Stuart Kinmond
- Pedestrian walking tours with EnviroCentre
- Bike Rodeo
- Safer Roads Ottawa & Ottawa Public Health
- Biking loops up the cycle tracks facilitated by CanBike or Ottawa Paramedics’ bike team.