Wednesday, March 29, 7 – 9 p.m.
Southminster United Church, 15 Aylmer Ave.
The City of Ottawa is hosting a public information session on road renewal in the northwest portion of Old Ottawa South, where the existing watermain, sanitary sewer and road infrastructure have reached the end of their useful life and need of replacement/upgrading. This open house is an opportunity to review the design, ask questions and provide comment on the proposed works.
The project area is predominantly bounded by Bronson Pl. to the west, Colonel By Dr. to the north, Seneca St. to the east and Sunnyside Ave. to the south. A three-block section along Seneca St. extends south to Grove Ave., and captures a section of Glen Ave. and Grove Ave. near the Brewer Arena.
The affected streets are:
- Aylmer Ave. (Bronson Pl. to Seneca St.)
- Carlyle Ave. (Woodbine Pl. to dead end)
- Colonel By Dr. (parkland, Carlyle Ave. to Fulton Ave.) — remove watermain dead-ends
- Downing St. (Seneca St. to Carlyle Ave.)
- Fulton Ave. (Woodbine Pl. to dead end)
- Glen Ave. (Seneca St. to Grove Ave. N/S)
- Grove Ave. N/S (Glen Ave. to Grove Ave. E/W) — watermain only
- Pansy Ave. (Seneca St. to Carlyle Ave.)
- Seneca St. (Grove Ave. to Colonel By Dr.)
- Woodbine Pl. (Seneca St. to Carlyle Ave.) — sewer only
- Woodbine Pl. (Carlyle Ave. to Fulton Ave.) — watermain only
An additional public information session to show the final detailed design is expected next fall. Construction is expected to start in Spring 2018, with completion by Fall 2019.
For more information about this project, please visit ottawa.ca.