City of Ottawa
Submissions are being accepted for the City's bi-annual Ottawa Architectural Conservation Awards competition for 2011/2012.
Awards will be presented in five categories for projects completed between September 2010 and September 2012, as follows:
- Restoration – returning a heritage resource to its original form, material and integrity
- Adaptive Reuse – adapting an old building for a new purpose while retaining its heritage character
- Infill – new construction in a historic context
- Addition – new additions to historic buildings
- Other – This category will change depending on the projects submitted in a given year. Projects could include engineering projects (i.e. bridge restoration) or landscaping projects (i.e. restoration of historic gardens or parks)
Application forms, guidelines and a listing of previous award winners are available on the City's website at ottawa.ca/builtheritage.
The deadline for applications is Friday, September 21, 2012.