City of Ottawa
The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes for Family Day (Monday, February 18).
- Rink of Dreams, located on Marion Dewar Plaza at Ottawa City Hall, is open on Family Day for the Mayor’s Annual Family Day Skating Party, weather permitting.
- Most recreation facilities will be modifying their hours of operation on Monday, February 18. There may be changes to schedules and program cancellations in order to provide special programming for the Family Day holiday. Additional swimming and skating sessions will be offered at many sites. Please check schedules at ottawa.ca or with the facility of your choice.
- Ottawa City Hall and all seven Client Service Centres, including the Government Service Centre located at 110 Laurier Avenue West, will be closed on Family Day, February 18. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 19.
- The City’s Provincial Offences Court, located at 100 Constellation Crescent, will also be closed on Family Day. Business will resume as usual on Tuesday, February 19.
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters requiring the City’s immediate attention. Call 3-1-1 or 613-580-2400 to speak to a customer service representative. For persons living with a hearing-related disability, call (TTY): 613-580-2401.
Garbage, green bin and recycling collection
- There will be no curbside green bin , recycling or garbage collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 19. In addition, the collection of green bin, garbage and recycling materials will be delayed by one day for the week of February 18. For curbside collection enquiries, refer to the collection calendar tool.
- There will be no multi-residential green bin and recycling container collection on Family Day. Family Day’s pick-up will take place on Tuesday, February 19. Collection will also be delayed by one day for the week of February 18. However, multi-residential garbage container collection is not delayed and collection will take place on its regularly scheduled day during the week of February 18.
- The Trail Road landfill site is closed on Family Day, Monday, February 18.
- OC Transpo will operate a revised weekday schedule with minor reductions on Monday, February 18. Special school trips and school routes numbered in the 600s will not operate. The $7.75 DayPass will be valid as a Family DayPass. Call 613-560-1000 or text 560560 plus your four-digit bus stop number for automated schedule information. For more information, holiday schedules and travel planning, phone 613-741-4390 or visit octranspo.com.
- OC Transpo Sales and Information Centres will be open from 7a.m. until 6p.m. on February18, except the Rideau Centre office, which will be open from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- The OCTranspo Telephone Information Centre (613-741-4390) will be open from 7a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The OC Transpo Customer Relations Department (613-842-3600) will be open from 8a.m. to 5:30p.m.
- Billings Estate National Historic Site and Shenkman’s Arts Centre are open for Family Day events.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres,Cumberland Heritage Village Museum and Pinhey’s Point Historic Site will be closed on Family Day. However, clients should check with ottawa.ca or their facility to confirm holiday hours, as some exceptions may apply.
Municipal child care services
- City-operated Child Care Centres are closed onFamily Day.
- All branches, departments and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 18. Regular hours will resume Tuesday, February 19.
Ottawa Public Health