City of Ottawa
In September 2012, the City received submissions from three world-class consortia for the construction and maintenance of Ottawa’s Light Rail Transit (OLRT) project. These submissions have been assessed following the Infrastructure Ontario evaluation process, as outlined in the July 2011 OLRT Implementation report, and the process is nearing completion. A recommendation will be made in December to be considered by the Committee of the Whole and Council.
This report will include the details of the recommended proponent’s design, construction schedule and cost of the OLRT project for Council’s review and approval. This report will ultimately seek authority for staff to finalize negotiations with the recommended proponent and execute the contract to begin construction in early 2013.
The report will first be considered by Committee of the Whole on December 12, 2012 then rise to Council on December 19, 2012. In order to give the public an opportunity to view the project designs, the City will be hosting a series of public showcases across the City. The first showcase on December 5th will coincide with the public release of the report and a public announcement of the recommended proponent.
The details of the showcases are below:
- December 5-19: Ottawa City Hall 110 Laurier Ave West (11am-7pm)
- December 6: Rideau Centre 50 Rideau Street (3-9pm)
- December 7: Ben Franklin Place 101 Centrepointe Drive (5-9pm)
- December 10: John G. Mlacak Community Centre 2500 Campeau Drive (5-9pm)
- December 11: Gloucester Shopping Centre 1980 Ogilvie Drive (3-9pm)
- December 12: Walter Baker Sports Centre 100 Malvern Drive (5-9pm)
- December 13: Place d'Orléans Shopping Centre 110 Place d'Orléans Drive (3-9pm)
- December 14: Bayshore Shopping Centre 100 Bayshore Drive (3-9pm)
- December 17: Shenkman Arts Centre 245 Centrum Boulevard (5-9pm)